My high school friend, Reiko, told me about Asolo, this small town she stayed at in Italy. She sent me an email with a couple of links and when I saw pictures of this place I knew I really wanyed to go there. It's north of Padua and it took about 2 hours to get there from Venice.
The mapquest directions were very tough to follow as far as getting thru Padua, but once we got thru the tough spots our Italian map guided us the rest of the way. We had a wonderful lunch ordering 2 dishes that were local specialties and then walked around the town for a couple of hours. It's a small enough town to basically see most evrything there in that amount of time and there were very few tourists.
They had their festival the day before and the guy at the gelato store said he was up til 4am. Sounds like a good party to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment