Monday, February 9, 2009

Pictures and video of Rome during our winter trip








These are some photos we took in Rome in January as we spent one day there before flying home. We love Rome and stayed in Trastevere which is near the Vatican on top of one of the seven hills of Rome. A couple of the shots are of the Vatican, the Tiber river, which a few weeks prior to us being there was about to overflow it's banks.

A couple shots are inside the Pantheon and I always love going inside. I didn't know the great artist, Raphael, was buried there, so we took photos of his tomb. There's a shot of Rome at dusk... it's alittle dark, but you can see the hills in the back ground are covered in snow. The videos aren't that impressive, but the blog site won't download a clip bigger than 100 mb, so my best ones wouldn't fit. I hope you like the shots though...

The mime was in Piazza Navonna which always has something going on for the tourists and has the beautiful Bernini fountains/sculptures in it as well. Ciao, Ciao!

No comments: