Sunday, January 25, 2009

Felsina... Part Due





Well, I golfed better today, but still 13 strokes behind the best golfer in the Burbank Men's Golf Club after the two day tournament (after handicap!). I left the course feeling my game is getting better and gives me hope and something to build on.



Like I said in the previous Felsina post, we had an amazing time touring the 62 hectares of land which make up Felsina. What I thought was incredibile was being there in winter and getting a different perspective... one of dormant vines and no foilage on any of the trees giving a complete open view of the Tuscan hills! Check out these videos and see for yourself!

I'm reminded by these videos just how cold it was that day, but also how beautiful the heart of Tuscany is in the winter. Felsina is an Etruscan name and the wine makers take an artisan approach in the making of their wine. Massimo Crippa, an owner of a wine bar in Roma near Campo Fiore, just loves this wine and held a tasting with Guiseppe, Felsina's owner, of some of their older vintages. It sounded like an event that I'm sorry I missed!