Sunday, July 11, 2010

An afternoon at Lago di Bilancino and dinner at Dario & Cristina's






Yesterday, July 10th, was a day full of different emotions. We started the afternoon off with a 4 hour trip to Lago di Bilancino as we wanted to try out our 2 person floating inner tube. We had a great swim and found a place to set up camp for a nice lunch. We figured 4 hours was enough time in the sun on a hot day, so we packed up and headed back home as dinner with friends was awaiting us. I stopped to fill the rent-a-car with gas and realized then that my wallet was senza cash. We had our rent-a-car broken into while we swam in the lake. I was really low and horrified, but also mad at myself for leaving my wallet in the car. Linda had purchased a bag to keep our valuables dry and yet I forgot to put my wallet in the bag to take with us down to the lake.

Off to the local authorities to file a theft report and then home as now we had to rush a bit to get ready for dinner. Dario picked us up as I wasn't sure on how to get to his place and there we met up with 2 other couples, who are friends of Dario & Cristina. Once I sat down there I realized I didn't have my wedding ring or my custom gold ring we had made for us in Hawaii. I had taken them off becasue my skin was slippery from sun tan lotion. Now what was alittle over a hundred Euros stolen was now well over 2 thousand dollars. This morning we went back to the police and filed a revised police report as we're hoping our home owners policy will reimburse us for the stolen property. Yesterday went from great to really bad to incredible, so it was a roller coaster of a day, but we're still thankful for so many things... although I'd like to pummple the creeps who ripped us off... Ciao, Ciao, Ciao!

No comments: